Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Official

I have decided that there is no use in trying to squelch my inner beach bum, the one who was latent for the first three months of our time here.  I think after being dormant for so long, it's knocking on my soul to break free and hit the beach as often as possible. Luckily, according to my laminated map of Guam, there are 29 named beaches on our teeny, tiny island.  My mission is to visit each one of them at least once.  As of today, I have been to 7.  As of today, I have a new favorite beach.

Today my fellow beach bums (Amy and Price) and I went to a new beach.  We traversed over pot hole (pot hole is really an understatement, more like small craters) laden roads and descended down a narrow, cliff side road into the jungle.


We parked under a canopy of coconut trees and were greeted by hundreds of butterflies.

After a brief coconut distraction,

we stumbled out onto this-

A look to the right,

We quickly settled into our hard day's work of bumming it at the beach.




Oh yes, the water really is THAT clear.
We enjoyed a few sunny hours on a practically deserted beach.  Then it was time to pack up and head home.

The End.



(In case you were wondering, we spent the morning at Ritidian Beach, a wildlife refuge at the northern most tip of Guam where the Pacific Ocean and Philippine Sea meet.  It's open 8:30-4:00 every day except federal holidays.  It's more than worth the bumpy ride to get there.)


7 comments:

Kelly said...

oh my....you know I could never hate you for living on a beautiful island (or for any other reason) but I am growling at you a bit right now....

Amy Hall said...

Gorgeous! Good job listening to your soul! :)

Terrell said...

Thanks Amy.

KJ- COME VISIT!!!!!

SDGMitchell said...

I love hearing about your adventures! Someday I may get to see it again! When else in your life are you going to have a better opportunity to be a beach bum???? Price is sure learning how to live the good life early, way to go mom!

Terrell said...

Stacey- If Jason still works in the hospitality industry, you should get him to use some of his connections to get you here again- it's really amazing and would be fun to visit as an adult and compare to your childhood. BTW- I haven't forgotten about your old address, I've searched one neighborhood and neither of those streets were there, but I think I have 3 or 4 more neighborhoods to look at.

Terrell said...

oops- I meant tot type Jayson

Kat said...

When I get there, I want to go on some of these adventures!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails