Friday, October 16, 2009

Random Rambling

Earlier this evening, as I was cleaning my kitchen for about the fiftieth time today,  (To those of you who know me well, I am not exaggerating.  I really do clean my kitchen from top to bottom multiple times a day- often wishing that I were Jane Jetson with Rosie the Robot and a self-cleaning kitchen.  Most nights, I won't even allow my fanny to meet the couch until the kitchen is completely clean after dinner.  No, I am not a victim of an invasion of the body snatchers, I am -as all of us on Guam are- a victim of the sugar ant.  If I leave one little crumb out on a plate or on the counter or under Price's high chair, we are visited by teeny, tiny little ants.  Therefore, I have become slightly nutso about keeping the kitchen clean 98% of the time) I was thinking about my blog and who reads it.  I wondered if anyone from Guam, not just someone living here for a few years courtesy of  Uncle Sam, had read it and what they would think of it.  I was mainly concerned about item 17 on my Guam list.  I wondered if that item might offend someone from here, thinking that we sit around telling stories about how weird Guam is.  I really hope not, because that really isn't what I wanted to imply.  I just think that Guam is just a unique place and living here allows us to experience things we probably couldn't experience other places, and the stories that come out of the experiences are part of the fun of living here.

I just saw this video on another blog and it made me laugh.


This is about all I knew of Guam when we found out we were moving here, and I know that many of you who read this blog probably know this much (maybe, hopefully from this blog you've learmed a little more).  Anyway, I though it might be fun to answer any questions you might have about Guam.  So, if there's anything you want to know, leave a comment, I'll answer as many questions as I can in a future post.

Oh, and things keep getting better around here.  Tomorrow, household good delivered and there is also an expected delivery from Indonesia sometime in the next few days.  Keeping my fingers crossed that all the logistics of everything line up.  It will be so exciting to have my bed and my husband back in it (blush).

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails