Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Love a Good Day

Today was so nice...

It started off a little wonky.  I had a hard time sleeping (even though I'm tired, I have a hard time going to bed when Don isn't home).  I think I finally hit the hay around 1:30 this morning.  Price woke up around 4:22.  I let him cry it out and he fell back asleep, but only until 5:30.  So, we got a head start on our day.  I was soooo dragging this morning, I was craving coffee and cursing our lack of coffee and coffee maker (I don't usually drink coffee at home, so I haven't missed it until today).  But, I just rubbed the sleepies out of my eyes and got to the business of the day.

Don's element threw a baby shower today and I rsvp'd that Price and I would attend before we knew Don wouldn't be there, but I am glad I had and that we went anyway.  It was nice to get out of the house and talk to adults and have a little help with Price.  He enjoyed flirting with people besides me and he got to play with a cute baby girl.  I really like the people Don works with, I think we are going to enjoy getting to know them better.  The best part is how welcome they make me feel (they even sent me home with coffee and a coffee maker).

I also got a call from the shipment office that leads me to believe our household goods ARE HERE!!!!  I am so excited!  I know it'll probably be late next week before we get them, but just knowing that I could be sleeping in my very own bed and have all of my stuff any day will give me something to look forward to in the short term, and definitely something that will keep me occupied while Don is gone.   I am seriously considering painting, so I may make that a project for the weekend.

But the best thing that happened is DON CALLED!!!!  I was soooo happy to hear his voice.  He sounded good.  He says that the first 2 days were rough, and he hasn't showered since he left (and Don is a man who likes to shower), but now they are set up and even sleeping in tents with a/c.  We didn't get to talk long, but it was long enough for me to hear his voice and know he's ok.

I am a happy girl!
Related Posts with Thumbnails