Friday, July 17, 2009

In Sickness and In Health...

We are very blessed that most of our marriage has been spent in health. However, on the rare occasion when a cold moves in, I have to remind myself that I took a vow to love my husband and stand by him through sickness. I am having to repeat this vow over and over right now so I don't lose patience with Don, who is sick with a cold...

My stubborn stoic husband refused to acknowledge he was sick upon our return from Pennsylvania. Participating in the "mind over matter" school of thought, he tried to convince himself that his headaches, sniffles, exhaustion and all around feeling like ass were a result of allergies. I know allergies, and that isn't what he was suffering from. He finally admitted to himself and me that he is actually sick after coming home from work the other day and sleeping for about 12 hours straight.

Of course, since he wasn't "sick" he didn't take any precautions to keep Price from getting sick too. So, what I thought was a teething issue of not sleeping, seems to actually be a pre-sickness sleep boycott.

So, now I have 2 sick babies, one just happens to be 34 years old. I hope they both start feeling better soon!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails