Friday, March 27, 2009

Naptime

After a few weeks of struggling to get Price to nap consistently, I have finally won the war (at least this week). Children really do like routine, I typically do not. However, in my effort to be a good mom, I have become more routine oriented and have tried to be consistent with routines for Price's sake. Our recent trip to Texas followed by a cold and teething got that off track, but I think we really have overcome the naping issue, the morning nap anyway, but I'm ok with that for now.

So, now I wake up everyday between 6 and 6:30 regardless if Price is awake and wake him up. He eats breakfst around 7:30 and then we play until about 8:40, come upstairs read a book and then it's naptime. Lately, he's been sleeping for 2- 2 1/2 hours- it's wonderful!! The problem I face is what should I do. Several days this week, I've also taken a nap. While I feel that's good for me mentally (since Don has been keeping me awake coughing and Price has decided this would be a fun time to wake up at 1 am), I feel a little guilty about it, because I know there are other more productive things I could be doing.

I was good today and even though I've been up since 5, I didn't take a nap and tried to get some things done while Price has been sleeping. I must admit, I think I like the naps better...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails