Sunday, March 15, 2009

Laughter!

He laughs! FINALLY! Today, I heard the most beautiful, joyful noise ever- Price's first belly laugh. He thought a new squeaky toy of Isabelle's was the funniest thing ever. She would squeak it and he would giggle, then Don would squeak it and he would giggle. I was overcome with happiness because he is 7 1/2 months old and I had never heard him really laugh. He is a smiley, happy baby so I wasn't worried about his emotions or his ability to connect with people. I was worried though that him not laughing was in some way a reflection of the time Don was gone. When it was just the two of us, there wasn't a lot of laughter in the house. I would smile and sing silly songs and do silly dances for Price's benefit, but I didn't laugh- I rarely had folks around who could make me laugh and if something on TV was funny enough to actually make me laugh out loud, Price was probably already in bed.

Now that Don is home, our house is full of laughs- he laughs at me, I laugh at him, we just laugh because we are happy and silly and love each other and our family. I think Price has finally heard enough real laughter, laughter that comes from love, that he is able to express it too. And for that I thank God!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails