Friday, March 13, 2009

Headed South...

October 30, 2008-November 2, 2008

My mother-in-law came to Ohio to visit her newest grandchild and our newest niece, Ashtyn. Since she was coming to Ohio she volunteered to drive back to Texas with Price, Isabelle and me. It saved my life- it helped me leave Ohio about a month earlier than I had originally planned.

Price and I went to Cleveland to see Don's brother's family and pick Bea up. We drove back to Dayton, spent the night. Bea spent the next day watching Price as I spent it getting the car taken care of and loading months of stuff into every nook and cranny of the car. I wasn't sure what all I needed to take with me for the baby who was going to be changing sizes and seasons, so I took EVERYTHING, which was wayyyyy toooo much stuff. We finally left town around 5:30 pm on October 30. We drove to Bowling green, Kentucky. A trip that normally takes about 4 hours took us about 6 thanks to baby, although he was great we just couldn't get our schedules lined up!

We drove from Bowling Green to Memphis. We made it to town in time for Price to participate in his first Halloween trick-or-treating with his second cousins- Hudson, Catcher and Stanton. In hindsight, we probably should have skipped this ritual because Price had a major meltdown about 5 minutes after arriving and Bea and I ended up pushing the stroller and feeding him at the same time. When it was time to load the stroller back into the car, I really questioned my decision and also my ability to mother.... (but he made a cute snowman and in hindsight itwas worth it for the pictures)

After spending a nice relaxing morning in Memphis, had breakfast with Shauna, went to Hudson's soccer game, lunch with the entire Miller clan, we headed on to Monroe, LA. what a lllooonnngggg trip that was. Again, couldn't quite align our eating, stopping for gas schedule with Price's which added extra time and led to a few meltdowns a long the way. My reward for the trip that day was a pizza from Johnny's for dinner.

We woke up early and met Suzanne and Kristal for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. It was so nice to see them and catch up. They were the closest friends I had in Monroe, and it means so much to me that we stay in touch. We had a lovely breakfast. Once it was over, we had to head back to the hotel to pick up Isabelle and hit the road for our final destination!

Price was really great in the car pretty much the whole trip- because it's the way it always happens, the last day was the worst, but I think it was because he had been in the car for 3 days and like the restof us, just ready to be done. he won't remember it, but the kid ate more meals in rest areas and truck stops. He also had been through more states in the first 4 months of his life (Ohio, Kentucky, Tennesee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas) than some people ever go to their entire lives.


Related Posts with Thumbnails