Monday, August 24, 2009

Adios Amigos!

Today was all about visiting with friends before heading out of town. We had breakfast with the Pelleys. We had a nice time catching up with them. That afternoon, I stopped and saw my friend and former co-worker Ashleigh at her new children's consignment store (Our Mommies' Store in Kettering- it is great!). I dropped off lots of Price's old clothes and different things to sell. Ashleigh and I had a good visit and it was nice to see her one last time before we left and also to trade baby boy stories (she and I were pregnant at the same time and our boys were born 4 days apart). Finally, we met up with the Mays, the Lauers and Rye for dinner at the Dublin Pub. We laughed a lot and just enjoyed each others company. It was,as all of the visits were today, a little bittersweet since we know we'll be getting on a plane in less than 24 hours and heading to Hawaii. It was really hard saying goodbye to Rachel- but we did good- no tears were shed (at least not in front of each other). I remember the night I met her at a Med Group Spouses meeting, just a few weeks after Don deployed and the first day I was in Dayton all by myself with 6 week old Price. She had on cute pink shoes and was pregnant and I knew we would be friends. Perhaps unknowingly, she was a lifeline for me a few times while Don was gone- I probably should be suprised that she wanted to be my friend because I know I talked too much the first time we hung out, but I was just so in need of face-to-face adult interaction I couldn't shut up!

After dinner, we went to Target and walking in, I lost it. I started crying like a dumb fool!! It just hit me that yes, we were really getting on a plane in less than 12 hours and heading to Hawaii and then on to Guam. I know I am probably wired weird if saying goodbye to friends didn't send me on a crying jag, but Target did? I don't know, I guess maybe it symbolizes me saying goodbye to my comfort zone and sense of security. Anyway, we really are heading across the Pacific tomorrow. We've really enjoyed Dayton, we've made great friends, had good times, welcomed a baby into our family- so of course we're going to miss it, but we heading on to our next adventure and looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Yep I had a private cry but then also had a happy dance that you guys are starting on a new adventure. I love new adventures and wish nothing but the best for you guys!!!! I tell myself it is the AF and we will see each other again and soon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails