Thursday, June 18, 2009


Today has been one of those days- and not in a good way. Thanks to our upcoming Guam adventure, I had to go to a dentist and get cleared (basically the dentist had to sign a form stating that my teeth were in good enough shape to spend 3 years on a tropical island where adequate dental care may or may not exist). He signed the form, but told me that we had some work to do before my teeth were in good shape. I must admit I don't enjoy going to the dentist and haven't been since well before Price was born (but have been since we've lived in Dayton). The first thing I needed to have done was a crown placed on a tooth with an old filling. The appointment was scheduled for next week, but I got a call asking me to come in today and they said they would take $75 off my bill, so I agreed.

This morning started off great!! I woke up at 4 (again) and wasn't able to fall back asleep until about 5, which was right before Don's alarm started going off (he's getting up earlier than normal to study for a certification exam he's taking in August). Of course, it woke me up and not him, so I had to kick him awake enough to hit snooze, then repeated about 10 minutes later. Once he got up I fell back asleep and had a nightmare- about the dentist! I dreamt that I went for appointment and instead of getting shots, they were going to gas me, but not in the exam room, in some other room where everyone was gassed up and draped incoherently over exercise balls. So, I ran away.

A little after 7, Price woke up. We had another first this morning, which if I had been more awake I would have tried to document on film, I walked into his room to find him standing up in his crib! It was so cute, and yet another reminder that my little boy will be 1 next month.

It was finally time for me to head to the dentist... I got halfway there and the road I was taking was closed, so I had to turn around and totally backtrack around the world and ended up being 10 minutes late. I have never had any type of dental work like this done, so I was nervous. I got shot in the mouth and then the drilling/filing commenced and went on for what seemed like hours. Other than the shots, nothing hurt, it was just loud and uncomfortable. Two hours later it was all done, except I had to get a temporary crown and have to go back in 3 weeks for the real thing. I left with the left side of my face numb and drooling and drove home.

Price woke up from his nap the minute I got home. I was not in the mood to mother. This is the hardest part about being a mom, you can't turn it off ! I love spending time with Price, but today I just wanted to crawl into bed and take a nap. It didn't happen. Then my mouth started hurting and he decided to poop every 30 minutes . He also wanted to crawl places he shouldn't, climb on everything in his view and walk from one end of the room to the other. He also takes after me and is clumsy and bumps his head on things. As the afternoon wore on, my mouth hurt more and Price got fussier. I finally gave up and took him on a walk because we both needed a change.

I am ready to eat something (that isn't cooked by me, but it is looking more and more like that is probably going to end up being cereal) and go to bed and put today behind me. We have a fun weekend coming up and I need to get the house in some kind of order before our houseguest arrives.

Guam Update:
Made more progress on Price's room, but there's still more to go through; heard from Price's doctors and we should have the form we need by tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get to have our meeting next week and get orders soon after.


Related Posts with Thumbnails