Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time Flies

It's been a little more than 2 weeks since we found out we are going to Guam. It still feels unreal, although it seems like everyday we do at least one thing related to our move. We've taken passport photos, submitted passport applications, today Price and I each had dental visits. We all have to be cleared medically to go. Unfortunately, eventhough the move will be here before we know it, we aren't able to do the BIG things that are essential- like actually arranging for our move. We know when Don needs to be in Guam, we know when we'd like to leave for Guam, we don't know how we'll get there or when our stuff will we packed and shipped to us.

It's all a little overwhelming, especially when I think of how fast the summer is going to go by- when Don and I were talking the other day, we realized we have about 2 free weekends between now and when we expect to leave. Everytime I am sitting in a room, I am taking inventory and thinking which dot each item in the room will get. That's my plan- I am going to put color coded dots on everything- one for items to store for 3 years, one color for our household goods shipment, another color for items to sell/giveaway, and one more for our unaccompanied baggage shipment. I also keep making a mental list of what we need to pack in our typhoon kit- yes, a typhoon kit- several people have advised up to have one on hand for our arrival.

So, to escape all the planning, I keep visiting Guam websites and looking at the amazing pictures of the tropical island we'll be living on soon. It really is gorgeous and everyone we've spoken with who has lived there loved it and only has good things to say about it. If only it weren't so far away!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails