Saturday, January 30, 2010

Truly Talented

My mother-in-law is pretty great.  I am really blessed in that department.  She has many talents such as sewing.  In fact, many of Price's cute outfits are made by her.  I try but lack the patience and perfectionism required to sew in a straight line, but she's really nice and pretends that I'm not horrible awful at things when we work on projects together.  I'm ok if the curtains we make are cut a little on the diagonal and the hem is a little off, knowing you probably won't be able to see tiny imperfections once they are hanging there, but I don't think Bea could go to sleep at night if she knew something was crooked- so she does what a good teacher always does and helps me fix my mistakes and tries to teach me something in the process.  And I don't think I've ever seen her roll her eyes at me once, except maybe the time we were playing in a tennis  tournament and I nailed her in the back with a serve return gone awry.

Anyway, Bea recently took up an old hobby- oil painting.  Today, she sent us this....


Does it look familiar?


Did I mention that my mother-in-law is pretty great?  I can't wait until we get the actual painting.  It'll take 6 months before the paint is truly dry and she can varnish it.  Did I mention that my mother-in-law has incredible patience?

1 comments:

Spamboy said...

Amazing work on Bea's part -- I'm very impressed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails