Thursday, January 6, 2011

And Then It Was 2011....

It's amazing how a stomach bug sweeping through the house, followed by a birthday, then Christmas, then recovering from all three followed by one of the best New Year's Eves (is that grammatically correct?) our little family has celebrated in a long time (actually the first one our family has actually celebrated since becoming a family of three) can get a girl off track and keep her away from blogging.  Well, there's all of that coupled with the fact that since I spent so many years in college, that my brain automatically goes on semester break this time of year. I promise to be better- I really do.

Notice I didn't say resolve.  I don't actually believe in New Year's resolutions.  The year is new for only so long, (and if the past week is any indication, the rest of it is going to speed by) so I don't quite get the whole I'm going to do this while the year is new and then more than likely let it just fall by the wayside.  That's why I save up all my self-bettering for Lent.  But that's another topic for another day.

2010 was a pretty good year.  I was almost sad to see it go, but I'm excited about what 2011 holds (Do you say twenty-eleven or do you say two thousand-eleven?  I don't know which is right, which do you prefer?).

Hope your New Year is off to a wonderful start!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails